Rola Chem RC9
The Astral Rola Chem RC9 requires regular maintenance.
Rola Chem RC9 – MAINTENANCE
1. Lubricate the squeeze (pump) tube every 6 months, more often in commercial applications. Use only the recommended lubricant “RC Tube Lube” available from AstralPool dealers or any other compatible silicone lubricant, otherwise damage to the tube is possible. Do not use any petroleum based lubricants.
2. Depending upon usage, the squeeze tube may need replacement after 12 months on a domestic installation, and earlier on a commercial installation. Before replacing the tube make sure that any stop valves in the filter system are closed. Otherwise water loss may occur. a. To replace the tubes, remove the retaining screws and the pump head and pull the tube free. Disconnect the squeeze tube from the barbs and fit the new squeeze tube. Ensure the new tube has sufficient lubrication. Make sure that the new tube is correctly connected to the PVC tubing as per instructions. Reposition the squeeze tube in the unit as before, replace the pump head and retaining screws. PLEASE DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN THE RETAINING SCREWS
3. The Injection Point through which the chemical discharges into the pipeline should be checked periodically for any build up of solid matter in the end of the PVC tubing and kept clean. Blockages can be caused by stale or poor quality chlorine or improper water chemistry. This may cause blockages and not allow the chemical to pass through the line and will alter the pH or ORP levels and may cause the squeeze tube to come off the barbs
4. The probes/sensors are sensitive instruments. To maintain their accuracy they should be cleaned periodically by household detergent abrasive like Jiff. Jiff is the preferred option. The ORP probe tip can be contaminated (generally observed by a copper or brownish coating – this should always look shiny silver) which will give a false reading to the Controller causing no dosing/over dosing of chemical. As the pH sensor tip is made of glass, please take care, for even a hair line crack can cause the sensor to read incorrectly causing malfunction.
5. After cleaning the sensors/probes, wash with water, allow 5-10min. to settle and check calibration or re-calibrate if necessary. Copper based algaecides should be avoided, but if used the cleaning procedure for the ORP sensor
can be more frequent, as copper will coat the sensor tip (made of platinum) more rapidly.
USE OF A SUN SCREEN CHEMICAL (CYANURIC ACID) FOR OUTDOOR POOLS IS RECOMMENDED.
CHECK WITH YOUR LOCAL POOL SHOP AND USE THE CORRECT DOSAGE. MAKE SURE YOUR POOL WATER IS WELL BALANCED WITH THE CORRECT pH, TDS, TA AND STABILISER LEVELS AND FREE FROM PHOSPHATES.
RC9 – MAINTENANCE SCHEDULE
You new product incorporates moving parts and withstands high velocity water with chemicals in it. Some of these parts will wear in the normal course of use and require regular checks and maintenance. Performing these checks and
maintenance will identify parts that have worn and require repair/replacement before further serious damage is sustained. A small amount of regular care and attention to your pool equipment will help ensure long life and trouble free performance.
|Timing||Maintenance Check||Service action (if required)|
|Fortnightly Check||Check acid / chlorine drum||Fill drums, use a 2:1 mixture for acid|
Check supply tubes for blockages
Check pH and ORP probes
Check non return valves in drums
Cut ends off supply tubes if build up of scale and reconnect
Replace if required
Check output settings and adjust
Check squeeze tubes
Spray around equipment for insects
Adjust timer / output settings based on
Spray on surrounding walls, do not spray
|Annually||Check all connections, o’rings and tubing||
Call Service technician to perform annual
checks and routine maintenance
Important note: Regular maintenance is important to ensure long life and trouble free performance of your pool equipment. If unable to perform the maintenance yourself, contact your local AstralPool office who will arrange a trained service technician to perform the maintenance for you.
Shop our large range of Rola Chem RC9 spare parts.