Glass Filter Media
Glass Media is an alternative to conventional 16/30 grade sand.
Glass Media is used in two grades – course (VF8) and fine (VF25). The course grade with a 1.7 to 3.4mm particle size is used to cover the underdrain and laterals of the filter and typically makes up 30% of total media requirement.
The Finer grade with a 0.4mm to 1.1mm particle size layered on the top of the course VF8 Grade and typically accounts for 70% of the media requirement.
- 100% recycled plate glass, crushed, dried and screened to the correct size to achieve the optimal filtration property
- It does NOT contain recycled, unwashed beer or soft drink bottles
- Tests show that Viron Glass media catches more turbid particles
- cleans your pool water more effectively
- backwashes faster saving precious water, reducing lost chemicals and saving on heating costs